Insufficient crop production and poor nutritional value of crops have become a vital global concern, affecting billions of people especially but not exclusively in developing world. To combat the problem of deficiencies of various essential nutrients in human diet and to enhance sustainable crop production, biofortification and biostimulation of crop plants emerge as complementary health-beneficial and cost-effective approaches. Use of biostimulants and trace elements enhances the growth and yield of plants as well protects them from various environmental stresses.
In order to address the challenges and opportunities of crop yield and quality improvement, we are pleased to inform that Acta Agrobotanica is going to launch an issue entitled “Biostimulation and biofortification of crop plants”, which will be published in June 2019. Our mission is to present for broader audience advances in physiological, biochemical, and molecular approaches as well as innovative crop management practices used to enhance healthy food production.
We sincerely invite you to submit or recommend a paper to our special issue. We cordially invite contributions (original articles, review articles, and short communications) focused on biostimulation and biofortification of crops including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- biostimulation and biofortification in ensuring food security
- organic or synthetic based products which enhance the crop productivity
- biostimulators in protection of plants against environmental stresses
- elicitation as a tool to improve secondary metabolites production in plants
- biofortification as a tool to increase the content of vitamins and essential minerals in crops
- plant breeding, transgenic techniques, or agronomic practices as a tools for biofortification programs
- biofortification under field conditions and its efficiency.
The manuscript due date is October 30, 2018. Original research papers, reviews as well as short communications are eagerly invited.
On the Acta Agrobotanica home page you will find a section for manuscripts to be submitted for the issue “Biostimulation and biofortification of crop plants”.
The Guest Editor of the issue is:
Professor Mirza Hasanuzzaman, PhD
Department of Agronomy, Faculty of Agriculture
Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University
Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka-1207, Bangladesh
Please, do not hesitate to contact Acta Agrobotanica if you have any questions:
Bożena Denisow, PhD
Photograph: Zbigniew Jarosz.