The Polish Botanical Society (PBS) was founded in April 1922, with Professor Bolesław Hryniewiecki holding the post of the Society’s first president. Nowadays, the Society has about one thousand full, honorary, and supporting members, and organizes national meetings every third year.
We are engaged in the science of botany, including mycology, lichenology, and phycology, with the aim of advancing the development of the natural sciences, fostering botanical knowledge as well as combining scientific activities with cultural and economic demands.
We maintain our own library and publish five scientific serial publications.
The founders of the Society in front of the Warsaw University Main School building. The First Congress of the Society, April 9–10, 1922.